What now?

Food, drink and books. One often inspires the other. Together they are magic .



Saturday, September 15, 2012

9/15- Lincoln Park in West Seattle

Ave of the Stars
Today's run was at Lincoln Park in West Seattle.  I haven't been to west Seattle very much so I was excited to see the area.   It was as beautiful as I expected.  We ran by the water for a good part of the time and the rest of the time it was by houses that sat on the water.  One thing I love about Seattle is the public art.  There seems to be more public art here then anywhere I've ever lived.  I saw several beach sculptures and art in yards.  There was one stretch which was called Ave of the stars.  There were star diagrams on the sidewalks.  I'm wondering if you can stand in that spot and see those stars.  It was pretty cool. 
We ran for 2 hours.  For me that was 8.5 miles.  I'm sure real runners would say that is super slow but me it was pretty fast.  I have been walking 3 minutes and running 2.  It comes out to a 14-15 minute mile. I would like to get it to under 14 minutes but at this point I would be happy at lower 14 . 
The drive home from West Seattle was super slow.  There was a ton of traffic and I have no idea why.  It probably took an hour to get home.  The problem with that was that when I got out of the car my legs were so sore and stiff that I could barely walk up to the apartment.  And on top of that, I then had to walk the dogs.   Ugghh.
My running partner, Martha, has been out for the past 2 weeks.  The Saturday I missed due to the whale watch, she hurt her knee.  I haven't seen our other running buddies for the past few weeks and am wondering if they dropped out.  It's not as much fun being on your own.   
I've raised just under $700.  I still have $1000 to go and only 2 months to do it.  I have to get busy!
View from the path

Cool trailer

This house had a dog statue on top of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment