What now?

Food, drink and books. One often inspires the other. Together they are magic .



Saturday, September 8, 2012

9/8 Marymoor park- 8 miles

Today we met at Marymoor park in Redmond.  I ran/walked 8 miles!  It took me 2 hours because I'm not super fast but I still did it.  I feel like if I can do 8 miles, I can do 13.  Half Marathon here I come!
The park wasn't super scenic.  We ran by the lake for part of the run but most of the view was blocked by houses.  Our timing also wasn't great.  The park was hosting a Run for Paws event.  Some kind of dog walk to  support PAWS which is a dog adoption agency.  Now I love a good dog walk, but at one point we were running back to our starting point and running against the crowd.  I could not even stay on the path because there were so many people and dogs.  That last mile was my slowest because I kept having to stop and move off of the trail to let the crowds pass.  
I left the park and went and got a pedicure.  I didn't really need one but my feet hurt and I wanted to soak them and the thought of having a foot massage was too good to pass up.
My donations went up over the past week.  Thank you to everyone who donated.  I'm getting closer to the goal.  IF you haven't donated, the site it on the left hand side of my blog. 
My goal this week, 2-3 practice runs at Greenlake and at least another $100 in donations.
View of the Lake
Old car on the side of the trail.  It was weird because all of the houses were
super fancy and then here was this old car. 

The traffic of the dog walk.
I gotta get movin!

No comments:

Post a Comment