What now?

Food, drink and books. One often inspires the other. Together they are magic .



Monday, September 3, 2012

9/2 - 3 miles at Greenlake

Before I get started on my journey- Thank you to everyone who donated to me this week!  I am now over $400.  I feel extremely fortunate to have such generous friends and family.  If you are reading this and you haven't donated, the site is to the left.  If you just can't donate, no problem!  I'm taking motivational donations also!

I was feeling guilty about missing the Saturday run so I hit Greenlake on Sunday.  The walk around the inside track is only 2.8 miles so you have to go a little past your starting point and then back to hit the 3 miles goal.  What I should have done was make the loop twice but I was anxious to get the the farmers market in Ballard.   I just adore a good Farmers market.
Greenlake is such a beautiful area.  The lake was already hopping with paddle boats and families spread out enjoy a late Sunday morning.  The weather was pretty darn perfect at noon- low 70's.  There are enough dogs and people to watch to make the walk wonderful.  I didn't run but I'm planning on another trip this week with a little running.
Next Saturday we have a 2 hour walk/run scheduled with the group which means about 8 miles for me (yes I'm a slow 14-15 minute pace).  I haven't  done more than 7 miles to date so I need to get ready!

The lake


Makes me want to sit down and read a book

Saw this cool looking Crane and 4 turtles sunning themselves.

flowers from the market

No comments:

Post a Comment