What now?

Food, drink and books. One often inspires the other. Together they are magic .



Saturday, October 20, 2012

10/13 Gasworks Park- Seattle

WOW!  It's been a few weeks since I've posted.  I've been extremely busy.  Unfortunately I have not been busy running.
I skipped the 9/22 practice.  It was raining that morning and I was just exhausted so I stayed in bed.  Then I felt guilty so I went to Greenlake park and decided to do 2 laps to make up for not going to practice.  No good deed goes unnoticed.  While I was walking, someone broke the passenger window in my car and stole my credit card and license.  Ugghh.  Getting the window fixed was a pain but now all is good.  I got a new license and CC.  I left on Friday 9/28 for California.  We had bookgroup that evening which is always fabulous (check out our blog on the right hand side- Beehive).  I did a little walking in Sacramento on Saturday.  Walked from the hair dressers to the target on Broadway.  just a little over 1.5 miles.  Nothing to brag about but it counts.  Then I left for Houston.  We had our big leadership conference with 10,000 attendees.  I had planned on running or walking a few days but it didn't happen.  We worked 12-15 hour days.  I was so exhausted that the thought of running would have made me cry.  Got home late Sunday night and back at work on Monday. 
So, 10/13 was my first real practice in a few weeks.  We went to Gasworks Park in Wallingford on Lake Union.  Very cool park.  It was a little overcast and rainy but still a good day.  I did just over 6 miles.  That was plenty since I hadn't gone any distance in weeks. 
I have to pick up the pace because I only have 6 weeks till I hit 13 miles!

Leadership Conference in Houston

Old City Cemetery in Sacramento

Gasworks Park


View from my run

On the Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment