What now?

Food, drink and books. One often inspires the other. Together they are magic .



Saturday, October 2, 2021

Lizzie & Dante served with Lasagna Soup

 Lizzie & Dante by Mary Bly served with Lasagna soup. 

I enjoyed this one.  I would call it a good beach read.  Romantic, beautiful setting, great food and some good characters.  I didn't love it but beach reads are quick and enjoyable and not usually earth shattering. 


Basic plot , and i'm not spoiling anything because this is all in the book overview, Lizzie has a serious illness and goes off on a vacation with her ex boyfriend to an island off of Italy's coast.  There she meets a chef who has a daughter and cooks crazy good food.  There is some romance, some BFF hard talk, joy from the 12 yr old daughter and heartbreak.   That is all.  Totally enjoyable.  This is probably more of a 3.5 star book but since goodreads doesn't do 1/2 stars, I rounded up to 4.  Read it in a weekend. 

⭐⭐⭐⭐

I made Lasagna soup in the Ninja Instant pot.  I would call this deconstructed Lasagna.  Super easy recipe and delicious.  I used the recipe on the Skinnytaste website. 




https://www.skinnytaste.com/lasagna-soup/

I used ground turkey instead of sausage and I cooked the entire thing in the instant pot. Next time i will break up the noodles into smaller pieces.  that was the only bad thing.  They were too big. 

but a 5 star soup! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea regarding the lasagna-the book look good too!

    ReplyDelete