What now?

Food, drink and books. One often inspires the other. Together they are magic .



Monday, October 18, 2021

Dial A for Aunties and Shrimp Fried Rice

 Dial A for Aunties by Jesse Q Sutanto served with Shrimp Fried Rice 

This book was fun and a little bit silly.  It is a total farce and far fetched but it's so fun that you are willing to overlook it.   The plot in a nutshell, Meddelin Chan kills her blind date accidentally and runs to her mom and aunties to help get rid of the body.  Of course they are in the middle of running the largest Chinese socialite wedding of the year (the family runs a wedding planning business).  And of course there is an old love that Meddelin walked away from years ago who shows up.  The aunties are a crack up and of course the dead body ends up in all the wrong places in the wedding.  There is also a terrible groom, a sad bride and a maid of honor who doesn't have a lot of honor.  Fun read.  Totally unrealistic but you just need to let go of that.     You know how sometimes you read a book and you can just picture the movie the entire time, this is one of those.  


⭐⭐⭐⭐ 

I made Shrimp fried rice.  I love making fried rice because I use up whatever I have in the fridge.  I had left over rice from a dish earlier in the week that I needed to use so that was my inspiration.   I sauteed



some onions, peppers, peas, mushroom in a bit of olive oil.  I added frozen shrimp and 2 eggs.  Once the eggs were scrambled, I added the rice , soy sauce and little bit of fish sauce.  Put the lid on and let the whole thing steam for about 10 minutes.   Delicious!  




No comments:

Post a Comment