What now?

Food, drink and books. One often inspires the other. Together they are magic .



Sunday, February 3, 2013

Beautiful Ruins

Finished reading Beautiful Ruins last week.  Really enjoyed it! The story takes us to Italy, LA, Edinburgh and eventually Seattle.  It includes some Hollywood royalty, Liz Taylor and Richard Burton, some humor, love and sadness.  It was a quick read and I would highly recommend it.   Plus it made me want to travel to Italy!    Richard Burton is a fascinating character.  When I look at his photo's I don't think he was particularly attractive but he had charisma.  On the screen he was powerful.  This book felt like a movie to me.  It was very visual and I kept picturing all of the characters.  I'm curious if they have optioned it be make a movie which would be fun because it is about making movies.
I'm almost finished with Cutting for Stone.  Much tougher read but really enjoyable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment