What now?

Food, drink and books. One often inspires the other. Together they are magic .



Sunday, November 18, 2012

Arboretum 11/17- Last team run!

Wow!  we just finished our last team run for the season.  The marathon is next Sunday and I'll be racing whether I'm ready or not.  Let's hope I'm ready.
On Saturday we met at the Arboretum off of Lake Washington Blvd.  It was a pretty big group and the weather wasn't bad.  Overcast but no rain.  I only did 4.5 miles.  At some point I hit stop on my running app so it did not record the entire run.  That is why the map only shows 2.5 miles but I promise you I did more.  I walked/ran the first part with the team captain, Sandy.  The 2nd part I ran with 2 runners that are close to my pace-- slow but still moving.  It is a shame I met up with them on the last run because I could have used the company on some of the earlier runs.  Oh well, I'll try to find them next Sunday and tag along if they will have me.   I'm feeling pretty good for next week.  I think i will be tired and sore at the end but I know I can do it. 
After the run, I headed home for a quick shower and then I picked up my friend Suzi and her daughter Catie out in Bellevue.  They were in town for a dance competition and I gave them a quick tour of the city.  We went to Pike Place market for lunch and took in the sights of the market place on a busy Saturday.  Then I drove them over to the space needle for some photo's and then back to Bellevue.  Traffic was crazy but we made it in time for their dance drama. 
I still need $300 to hit my fundraising goal.  I'm hoping for a last minute miracle.  If you are reading this and haven't donated, look to the left on the page.  It is tax deductible and goes to a great cause. 
Thank you to everyone and I may do another post before next Sunday.  Stay tuned! 

Suzi and Catie at the market
the bridget tower


Catie getting ready to add her gum to the famous Gum Wall

Flowers at the market

No comments:

Post a Comment