What now?

Food, drink and books. One often inspires the other. Together they are magic .



Saturday, November 3, 2012

11/3 Running Elements in Bellevue

3 weeks from tomorrow is the Seattle Amica marathon.  I hope I'm ready.  I missed the longest run of the season when I went to Sacramento last weekend.  I tried to run there but it was hot!  I made the mistake of going out mid-day Saturday and it was in the mid 80's.  I made it 4 miles and then I was done.  And I was frustrated with my running App.  I hit stop at one point and it quit tracking my run.  So, I started over.  Then  I hit stop again.  That's when I decided to head home.  We had our monthly bookgroup meeting that night and it was a great time. Super glad I went even if it did mean missing practice.  
Today we met at Running Elements in Bellevue.  I did just under 7 miles.  It wasn't too bad.  At the end I felt like I could have gone a little more.  I'm not worried about the first 10 miles but the last 3 have me concerned.  The rain had just stopped this morning and the weather wasn't too bad.  I noticed 2 things- 1st was how green everything smelled.  It smelled really fresh until we passed by someone yard who must have just put down fertilizer and then it stunk!  2nd thing was how beautiful the fall colors were.  The trees are crazy red, orange and yellow.  Really beautiful.
My running pal Martha showed up to help with the water stop.  Not sure if I mentioned this before or not but she hurt her knee a few weeks back and was told to rest.  That has stretched to almost 2 months and she has had to withdraw from the race.  Really disappointing.   But, she will be there in spirit and I will represent both of us!
my breakfast
 After the run I stopped in a little hole in the wall place and grabbed breakfast.  2 eggs, bacon and 2 pancakes.  YUM.  The perfect breakfast.  When I got home I took the dogs out for a longer than usual walk.  I thought since I really needed to go more miles I should try to add to my daily mileage with the dogs.
My fundraising is now at $850.  Still need another $850.  Yikes.  3 weeks to raise a lot of money.
If you are reading this, the link to donate is on the left hand side.  Feel free!  If you already have donated, thank you.   It will make the difference in someones life.   I sincerely appreciate the support to me and to the program.  
The colors of Fall

Colors of Fall #2

A couple of more update and then I'll have to find a new subject to blog about.

No comments:

Post a Comment