What now?

Food, drink and books. One often inspires the other. Together they are magic .



Sunday, November 11, 2012

11/10 West Seattle

2 weeks to go!  Hard to believe it is so close and I will be running 13.1 miles in 2 weeks.  Hope I'm ready!
This weekend we ran at Alki Beach in West Seattle.  It was a beautiful but cold run.  It was a high of 31 degrees when we started at 8am on Saturday.  Luckily it warmed up as we started to move.  About 2 miles in, I was no longer cold.  I started off walking with Coach Zak.  We did the first 2 miles mainly walking and a little bit of running.  He stopped at 2.5 miles at the water station and I continued on.  I did about 6.75 miles with the group.  Then we practice ended, I walked another half mile back to Starbucks for a coffee and then back to my car.  Gave me a total of 7.75 miles.  Not bad.  I felt fine afterwards but I still feel a little concerned about doing the entire 13.  It just may be a lot of walking.
Afterwards I broke my habit of eating bad food.  I went home and made myself some scrambled eggs with Egg Beaters.  I have got to stop the stacks of pancakes every Saturday! 
Alki beach was beautiful that early.  The only people out were walking dogs and most of the dogs had on cute little coats.  I love a dog in a coat and I so wish my dogs would let me dress them!  No chance.
The Team!

sidewalk art at Alki Beach

West Seattle Lady Liberty

Cool Bottle Yard
For those of you who have donated recently, Thank you so much.  For those of you who have waited for the last minute, this is it!  This week is our last to collect donations.  Make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment