What now?

Food, drink and books. One often inspires the other. Together they are magic .



Saturday, August 18, 2012

Vacation!

I did my annual trip back east to visit the family the first week of  August.  I stayed with my little sister and her family in Northern VA.  Love getting to see the kids for a week but I sure hate that it is only once a year.  Mom and dad drove up mid-week which was really nice.  I just saw them in June so we didn't feel quite so disconnected. 
I told Michelle that at least one day we needed to do a long walk so that I didn't feel like I was falling behind too badly with my training.  Truthfully we should have done 3 or 4 but I didn't think that was very realistic.  On Monday morning, the family headed to Burke lake to walk around it.  It is approximately a 4 mile walk so it fit in perfectly with the training schedule.  We started way later then we should have and the temperature was climbing up to the mid 90's.  Plus, the humidity is CRAZY in VA right now.  By the time we made it around the lake, I was soaked with sweat.  I hate that!  I felt sticky and nasty.  We piled back in the car and went for chili dogs.  How else to you celebrate a 4 mile walk?  Overall and nice day and wonderful bonding time.   I love my Virginia family and sure wish it was a little bit easier to get across the country.  In the meantime, thank goodness for e-mail, facebook and text messages.

Connor on his bike

Brooke on her bike
The Family

No comments:

Post a Comment