What now?

Food, drink and books. One often inspires the other. Together they are magic .



Sunday, July 29, 2012

Saturday July 28

Martha, Danielle, LouLou and Me after 5 miles!
Today we did just over 5 miles at the Arboretum, Lake Washington.  Martha, Danielle and LouLou (Danielle's daughter) and I did a combination of run/walk.  Still way more walking then running but we are getting there.  We need to start increasing it a bit more or it will take us 4 hours to do the half!!  
Ally, my mentor, invited me to join a group of them for breakfast.  I didn't know anyone else in the group but decided to join.  One of my reasons for joining this program was too meet people.   I figured this is how it's done.  There were 10 of us total and it was a lot of fun.  Of course I don't remember any ones names except for Ally and her husband Zack.  I believe the guy who sat across from me is Bruce.  He was running that evening in the Seafair 5 K.  I wish I had seen the race because I understand a lot of people dress like pirates and run.  Nothing like a running pirate. 

Salted Caramel and Chocolate Coconut cupcake
 After breakfast I picked a couple of Cupcakes from the little bakery on the corner.  Then headed for a pedicure.    After a stop at Target and walking the dogs, I checked my pedometer and it showed 7.5 miles.  16,500 steps for the day is not bad for a couch potato. 
Next week....  vacation.  I will need to run on my own.



This house was on our route.  Love the yard


No comments:

Post a Comment