What now?

Food, drink and books. One often inspires the other. Together they are magic .



Sunday, July 15, 2012

July 14th

This week we did just over 5 miles.  It was a bit tough because I missed the previous week.  I went to Sacramento for a long weekend and I had every intention of doing a walk/run on Saturday while there. But, it didn't happen.  The weather was hot and I was busy.  Next thing you know, the weekend was over and I didn't walk anymore then a trip to the grocery store.  So I knew I would pay the price this week.  It wasn't too bad.  I walked the majority with Danielle and her daughter.  Also a new woman joined us (whose name I didn't catch) and she helped us keep the pace up.  Martha was away on vacation but will return next week. 
Each week before the walk, there is a Mission Moment.  Typically someone on the team or  a friend will speak about why they joined Team in Training.  They may be a cancer survivor or a friend of a cancer survivor.  This week the woman who spoke is the #2 fundraiser in the US.  She is running for a 3 yr old boy in her child's daycare.  The little boy, Quinn, has cancer and is not doing great.  Her run has helped motivate the community to help the family.  The story was so moving that I was crying by the end.  After a story like that, you can't complain about walking 5 miles!   She gave us all photo's of Quinn to pin onto our shirts.  I was proud to wear it.
We started at Genesse park and end at Seward park.  Both beautiful and once again I discovered a new part of the city.  The weather was a little overcast and muggy so the photo's are fabulous.  I'd definitely go back on a sunny day.
Still sitting at $200 for my fundraising.  only 12% there.  I need to be at $1000 by Sept. 1.  That is only 7 weeks.  I have to get moving! 
Once again I had a burger after practice.  If I don't stop eating burgers every Saturday, I'm going to gain weight with this program instead of losing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment