What now?

Food, drink and books. One often inspires the other. Together they are magic .



Saturday, August 13, 2022

The Inheritance of Orquidea Divina served with chips and salsa

 The Inheritance of Orquidea Divina by Zoraida Cordova and served with Chips and Salsa. 

If you are willing  to jump into some magic and deal with family drama, this book is for you!  I really enjoyed it.   Magical realism at it's best!  


Marimar along with her cousins Rey and Tatinelly all receive notices to head home as their grandmother is dying and they need to collect their inheritance.  When they arrive in Four Rivers, their grandmother is not just dying but becoming a tree.  There is a lot of family rage against grandma Orquidea because she has not answered questions and been honest with the family.  With the family gathered, there are more questions and Orquidea fades away leaving a gift for Marimar, Rey and Tatinelly's daughter, Rhiannon.  I don't want to give too much away but the story goes back and forth between current day and the cousins trying to figure out life and what their legacy is and then back to the beginning with Orquidea and how she was cursed and who is still trying to get vengeance on the family.   Lot of magic in this one.  We travel with a circus and then back to Ecuador to explore myths of the country.   It's hard to explain but if you are willing to suspend belief and like a great fairytale, you should read this.  ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 



I had an abundance of tomatoes so I decided to make salsa.  It turned out sooooo good.  I cut up the 4 roma tomatoes I had , cut up a half of an onion and  added a small can of diced green chilies (drained) .  

From there I added some apple cider vinegar, salt, a dash of sugar and lime juice from a half a lime.   OH and don't forget the cilantro.  I know many people hate cilantro but I love it.  I added quite a bit.  It turned out great.  I had planned to just eat a little bowl of it with chips but ended up making that dinner.  I paired it with a Mango Wheat Ale and some slices of Avocado.  It was a delicious dinner. 



No comments:

Post a Comment