What now?

Food, drink and books. One often inspires the other. Together they are magic .



Friday, July 29, 2022

Sadie on a Plate served with potato and zucchini latke's and homemade applesauce

 Sadie on a Plate by Amanda Elliot and served with Potato and Zucchini


latke's and homemade applesauce. 

I really enjoyed this one!  It was listed as a rom com but I would argue that it isn't.  It is a story of a cooking show that happens to have a little bit of romance.  

Sadie is a chef in Seattle who has just been fired.  Now she has a chance of going on a cooking show (Top chef type) and winning the prize money and opening her own restaurant.    She cooks mainly modern Jewish cuisine.  I loved the behind the scene's look at the cooking show.  I enjoyed all of the other contestants.  Especially another chef from Seattle who Sadie views at her toughest competition and who ends ups being super nice and a big fan of Sadie's.  Now for the romance,  on her flight to NY, she sits next to a chef, Luke.  She assumes he will be in the competition but it turns out he is a judge.   They have to hold back the romance until the competition is done so it takes a back seat. 

I just loved all of the food !  She plan out each meal and my mouth was watering .  This was a fast read and just what i needed.  ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 

I ended up making potato and zucchini latke's in my waffle iron!  I just shredded a zucchini and a potato, added bread crumbs, an egg and some seasoning.   What i didn't do...  and should have was drained the zucchini.  It was watery.   I put it in the waffle iron and  I had lovely latke's!   I had 3 apples so i peeled them and cooked them way down on the stove.  Added some brown sugar, butter and a little bit of water.  Turned out perfect!  





1 comment: