What now?

Food, drink and books. One often inspires the other. Together they are magic .



Sunday, February 14, 2021

A Jane Austen Valentines Day! with a side of Chocolate pudding

 This weekend is all about SNOW in Seattle and a little bit of love tossed in for Valentines day.  I spent the weekend doing a lot on zoom.  I had tickets for a Animated French Film festival,  A Jane Austen Tea Party and a play ticket i bought last month that was going to expire shortly.   But let's talk Jane Austen.  

Since I've been pushing my book stagram account, I've gotten sucked into the book world on social media.  Lot's of cool stuff happening.  It is fun to see all of the recommendations, contest and super creative post on Instagram.   I joined a book club called "the Enchanted Book Club" and on Saturday there was a tea Party with the Authors and illustrator for Jane Was Here.    They discussed their trip and what inspired them and it was lovely.  Totally fun book and i am going to take a trip whenever we get to travel again!   

I also discovered a great new Podcast called Nhttp://enchantedbookclub.com/ovel Pairings .  I listened to the first episode from last year on Emma and the following episode on the movie.  Such a fun discussion.   That had me going back and watching the movie again.  I saw it 4 or 5 months ago and it was fun to rewatch it.  I have a secret...  I haven't read Emma.  The only Austen i've read is P&P.   I have seen every movie version of Emma and this is probably my favorite.  I watched it while working a puzzle.  Perfect snowy day activity.    Love the costumes, the set and the actors.   Emma always bugs me a bit because she is very selfish but I also enjoy the story.  I LOVED Bill Nighy as Mr Woodhouse.   He is perfect in the role.  I wasn't familiar with the Anya Taylor-Joy before this but then i saw her in Queens Gambit.   Big Fan!   

And, finally with the snow and valentines day and all the JA, i made a big pot of homemade chocolate pudding.  Because it just felt like the right thing to do!     With all of this watching and listening, i didn't do any reading!   I have read 3 books this month and took a couple of days off.  I'll post those reviews shortly.  

Sending lot's of love to each of you. 


Chocolate pudding 

1 cup of sugar 

1/2 cup of cocoa powder 

1/4 cup of cornstarch 

1/2 tsp salt 

4 cups of milk. 

Whisk together susar, cocoa, cornstarch, salt.  whisk in milk.  I used 2%.  Heat to boiling stirring constantly.  Once it starts to boil heat for another 1-2 minutes  and then remove from heat. 

Stir in 2 tsp of vanilla and 2 tbsp butter.  Transfer serving bowls and chill.  ( I actually like to eat one bowl still warm :) 


1 comment: