What now?

Food, drink and books. One often inspires the other. Together they are magic .



Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Sourdough


the starter
Still  having a bit of a slump with reading but I finished Sourdough by Robin Sloan and really liked it .    A bit of a weird tale of a programmer in San Francisco who inherits some sourdough starter from her neighborhood food delivery guy/ kitchen.  She starts making bread which is so good that she starts doing it full time.  The starter has a strange back story and it kind of takes over.  Weird but fun and a fast read.  Hopefully it will help break my slump. I am giving it a solid 4 stars!    It definitely got me interested in sourdough starter and bread making .  I made my own starter.  For almost 2 weeks I fed it daily and talked to it and named it Eve.  Then I made my first loaf of bread!   Really good but boy does it take a while!  Bread making is not fast!   I'm going to keep working on the bread.  I think in some ways making bread teaches me patience.  Also, it taste good.  Now i'll have a gift for friends when I get invited over!  





2nd rise
Final product 

No comments:

Post a Comment