What now?

Food, drink and books. One often inspires the other. Together they are magic .



Monday, July 5, 2021

Jane Austen #3- The Next Great Jane

 What a fun read!  I heard about this book on one of my favorite podcast, Novel Pairings.   It is a young adult novel with hints of Jane Austen all through it.  A 12 year old girl in Maine wants to be a great writer like her namesake Jane A.   She lives with her single father who studies Plankton.  Her mom comes into town with a new fiance and plans to get closer to Jane.  Also a famous writer moves to town with a son that drives Jane nuts.  So many fun JA references including the Fairfax family and Kitty plus lots of prejudice happening. ⭐⭐⭐⭐


I read this book over a weekend and it was the perfect feel good, quick read.   The book is set in Maine so I made New England Clam Chowder.  I had actually never made clam chowder before and it was pretty easy and tasty.  



I found a post on Pinterest that I followed  but left  out the Bacon.   Turned out great.  Added a few oyster crackers and it was a full meal.   

https://www.thekitchn.com/clam-chowder-recipe-23079005?newsletter_slot=11&utm_source=k_daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=10032020


Keep reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment