What now?

Food, drink and books. One often inspires the other. Together they are magic .



Thursday, June 17, 2021

Writers and Lovers by Lily King Served with Fish and cucumbers

 I realized that I don't get reviews posted often because i get myself so worked on what to say.  My new goal is short and sweet and no pressure!  

I had seen Writers and Lovers everywhere last year and finally downloaded it on audio.  SO good.  The narrator is excellent , Stacey Glemboski.   


this is a story of a young woman grieving the death of her month, drowning in school debt and trying to figure out her life.  She is a writer but waiting tables.  She is finishing up her first novel but struggling to concentrate.   2 men come into her life at around the same time and she falls for both.  It is just a great character driven novel and I really cared about the main character Casey.   I kind of didn't want to lose her.  We might need a follow up novel. 

⭐⭐⭐⭐


There is a scene in the book where she goes over to Oscars house to have dinner with him and his kids. They serve fish sticks and cucumbers.   I made homemade fish sticks in the air fryer.  Just took some tilapia and soaked it in milk and egg.  Then dipped it in a mixture of breadcrumbs, bay seasoning, salt pepper and parmesan cheese.  I put it in the fryer and that was it!  super easy and i think better then those frozen fish sticks.  


No comments:

Post a Comment