What now?

Food, drink and books. One often inspires the other. Together they are magic .



Sunday, May 9, 2021

Jane Austen - Pride and Prejudice - reread , podcast and more to come! Part 1 of ?

 I first read Pride and Prejudice back in my college days.  SInce then I've watched every movie multiple times!  My favorite is the 1995 BBC version.  I've seen it multiple times and just love it.   This year i've discovered Podcast and one of those is Novel Pairings.  The Hostesses did a 4 part episode on reading, rereading and retellings/sequels and Pastiche relating to P&P.  (I had never heard the word pastiche but it means to imitate the work or style of the artist) .  I loved all of it.  I ended up downloading the Audible version which was recommended.  It was so good and is free with my subscription.  It's read by Rosamund Pike and was wonderful. I highly recommend it.   I also bought the Annotated version of P&P which is full of notes and drawings and everything you might want to know about the book. 

It was so nice to revisit this classic.  It felt familiar and listening to the podcast helped me listen for different things and learn a few new things. They did a nice job of digging into the meaning of things and the customs of the time period.   Since i'm also a patreon of the podcast, I also got bonus episodes and classes .  I have to admit I haven't had time to explore all of it but I am planning to! 


 I have so much to say about Austen. 
I am planning out a series of posting.  I have JA cookbooks and cocktail books.  I have read multiple retelling and sequels.  I have puzzles and graphic novels.  SO much to say!!   This is post one of several.  I should admit that i posted about JA a few years ago when i started this blog.  At that time i had just read the Jane Austen Project and posted a review and a review of By the Book which is a modern retelling of Persuasion.  

https://veryhungryreader2017.blogspot.com/2018/05/jane-austen-inspired-books.html

I won't post all of the JA together but will spread it out over the year.   I'm super excited to share all the books related. 

For this post I made a cocktail from Gin Austen.  It is the Brandon Old Fashioned.  More Austen coming soon!  Keep reading! 



No comments:

Post a Comment