What now?

Food, drink and books. One often inspires the other. Together they are magic .



Thursday, December 31, 2020

Reading goals. - goodbye 2020 - hello 2021!

 Today is the last day of 2020.   I have to say that I’m not sorry to see it leave.  Yuck.  It was a mixed reading year.   I discovered Audibles which I talked about earlier but I also struggled in the middle of the year to focus on reading anything more than a magazine article . I did have some pretty incredible reads!  ( not counting the Harry Potter books) I had 5 , 5 star reads!  

The World that We Knew-  Alice Hoffman.  She never lets me down.   This book is so good.   Probably my favorite of the year. 

The Dutch House- Ann Patchett-  so beautifully written.   I loved the characters 

Nothing to See Here-  totally wacky premise but you will not forget this book! 

Circe- Madeline Miller -  I loved this story!  I will say that i got super confused with all the characters but luckily the book has a list if each with the backstory.   That was necessary for me. 

Once Upon a River- Diane Setterfield -  listened to it with my sister in VA and it was good timing for a mystery/fairytale.

I did read several forgettable books.  Probably my biggest disappointed was The Starless Sea.  I know a lot of people LOVE this book but i just struggled with it.  Maybe it was the wrong time for me to read a book like this.   I'm going to blame it on 2020.  Still gave it 3 stars because it is beautiful but i really struggled with the story.  and I loved Night Circus so much that i really wanted to love this book.    

So many great books came out this year and i am so behind.  I missed my reading goal of 30 books.  I came in at 28 which isn't bad and I have 2 on my kindle right now that i'm almost done with.  Plus, like so many things in 2020, i'm giving grace to myself!!   I'm going to keep the goal of 30 books for 2021 .   I know I can hit it this time!!     
I'm doing some baking for New Years so I'll post some photos tomorrow!!  

I hope each of you (the 2 people who actually read occasionally) have a safe and healthy 2021 and that you read some amazing books surrounded by amazing friends and family- both physically and virtually!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment